“Protest beyond the law is not a departure from democracy; it is absolutely essential to it.” Howard Zinn
Want to take part in direct action to stop WestCONnex, but worried about the consequences?
Then this workshop is for you.
We’re hosting a free seminar about the legal aspects of peaceful protest and nonviolent direct action.
Presented by Jane Sanders of The Shopfront Youth Legal Centre, it’ll cover:
- Your rights at a peaceful protest
- What police may try to get you to move on
- The actual arrest and move-on powers police have
- What happens if you get arrested and/or charged
- Why long-term problems with work, international travel etc are rare
Space is limited, so registration is essential. Please RSVP below.
387 King St
Newtown, NSW 2042
Google map and directions